Sunday, February 21, 2010

Challenged!

James and I have had such an enjoyable weekend. We got to spend more time together than we normally do because he decided to take some much deserved time off of work. Our weekend highlights were going shopping on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. We are still using all our gift cards we received as gifts at our wedding. I'm going to miss those when they are gone!!:)

This morning, we went to church, and the message was sooo powerful. Pastor Greg told us to picture ourselves at the zoo, kneeling next to a lion that licks our face. Then he told us to picture the same thing, but with a lamb. Then he asked the question- which gave you more grace? Pastor Greg challenged us to know Jesus as Lion so we can better understand Him as Lamb. He challenged us to walk into our workplaces and have the vibe changed for the better. We are really enjoying our new church, and I love that the pastor is so bold.

I've also been challenged this weekend by two blogs that I recently found (http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog and http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/).

I was particularly challenged by the homemaking posts. Courtney from Women Living Well reminded us that creation is a reflection of God, as is true with our homes-they are a reflection of us. She asked of us- What does your home express about you? Ours is sooo unorganized and has been that way since the day we both moved in. It has remained that way for 4 months! I'm finally tired of the messiness and disorganization, and I want my home to be a pleasant place to be.

Courtney also did a blog series on the Proverbs 31 woman. One entry was focused on working with eager hands. This challenged me and gave me the desire to be excited about my priviledge of maintaining our home. I am so the complainer about household chores, and I am so ready for that to change! Of course, I plan to apply this challenge to my work life as well. Maybe I will try to apply it to all areas that I tend to complain in. I'm pumped and ready for the challenge!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment