Sunday, April 25, 2010

Newlywed Retreat

This weekend, James and I went with our Sunday School class to Round Top for a newlywed retreat. The property, Round Top Retreat Center, was every southern girl's dream. Our speakers, Steve and Debbie Wilson of Marriage Matters Now ministry were so anointed and AMAZING!!! I don't think I've ever seen a sweeter or more in love couple. Their passion for God and building marriages God's way amazed me.

It was just so nice to get away for the weekend. To not be on the internet all day. To not have the TV on all day. To just be away from city life and sounds for a still time in the country. Much needed for the both of us!

We learned so much during the retreat. If you want to know more about what God did in me personally, ask me, and I'd love to share!

One thing I did love hearing this weekend was to remember why we fell in love with each other. We've only been married 6 and a half months, but I already needed a reminding to be reminded. I know I love my husband, but I don't often think to remember the many reasons why.

When I got home and woke up from my nap, I honestly was pretty bummed to realize that it's back to reality for us. Not in Round Top anymore. Not at a beautiful retreat center. Not about to go to the conference room to be poured into by Jesus loving people that know "Marriage Matters Now."

I know I shouldn't be bummed that I'm back to the real world. I know the big picture of the weekend was to teach us to remain connected and cling to each other in real life. Sometimes, it takes a little getaway to get back to what's really important in life. I'm excited to live out what we learned.

If you ever get a chance to be ministered to by Steve and Debbie Wilson, take it! And pray for James and I to always be crazy in love. With our God and with each other.:)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to attend a retreat. Such a wonderful way to reconnect! When B is weaned we are going to go to one also. We also have the desire to always be crazy in love :) When the Light of Christ shines through marriage it is unstoppable :)

    ReplyDelete