The two things I remember most that day were the final rooms of the Scriptorium and the production they did on Jesus's crucifixion out in the courtyard area.
In the second to last room of the Scriptorium, they go one by one down a list of quotes written by people in the bible- Moses, Ezra, Mary, Paul, etc. It was cool to see a visual based on how people picture them to have looked like. Sometimes, I struggle with actually having a mental picture of what I read in the Bible which can sometimes make it more distant. It was just cool, period, to be reminded of people of the faith. Then the ceiling lit up with the 10 Commandments being written. I love how the Bible describes the 10 Commandments being inscribed by the very finger of God. They were able to make it look so real like we were really watching God's finger. Then next to the tablets was a huge cross. It was explained as these two things being next to each other as Jesus completes the Old Law. So AWESOME!!!
As we were heading to the exit, we were stopped because it was blocked off for a production on Jesus. I'm so glad we did! We came out at the part where He was being crucified. It was so powerful to watch. After He rose from the grave, we were sent over to another white and gold stage area. This part showed Jesus walking down the aisle, and people got soooo excited. It was so awesome! I thought about how we are getting excited at a production of Jesus, think about how excited we will be with the real thing!
They even had angels with their trumpets. Another cool scene was when satan came out and had to bow to Jesus. There were so many other cultures and different nationalities that were there. It truly seemed like a picture of heaven.
If you are ever in the Orlando area, I definitely recommend checking out the Holy Land Experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment